- 1 cup Quinoa (Goya organic Quinoa, or any Quinoa brand you prefer)
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth or bone broth
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 4-6 cloves of Garlic minced
- 1-2 cups of cooked beans (Goya Low sodium or organic Red or Black or Garbanzo beans)
- 2-3 cups of colorful in season vegetables cubed and chopped into bite size pieces- consider bell peppers, kale or squash (if using winter squash precook/roast in oven for 30-45 minutes)
- 1-2 table spoons Pecan oil (Texas Pecan Ranch oil) or any high heat oil (Grape seed or Avocado oil)
- 2-3 Tomatoes diced or a 1/2 cup of Goya Tomato sauce
- 2 table spoon Hot Line Pepper Jalapeno Fit hot sauce (no salt added) or 2 tablespoons jalapeno slices
- 1 table spoon Cumin powder
- 1 table spoon Coriander powder
- 1/2-1 table spoon Chili powder
Sauté onions in oil until softened. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook for a few more minutes. Then add spices and cook till spices are fragrant. Add vegetables and cook for a few more minutes. Then add beans and tomatoes or tomato sauce and hot sauce or jalapenos.
Add salt to taste. Add in broth or water and quinoa and bring to a boil for a few minutes. Then partly cover and simmer until water evaporates and quinoa is fully cooked.
Fluff and serve warm or at room temperature. Top with cilantro, pomegranate, sweet potato and sunflower seeds. Avocado will work well too. And I love a dash of lime on mine.