- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp butter, Kerrygold, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp Garlicky Greengo Sauce
- Gently melt butter & cream cheese together in a small pot over low heat. Whisk to combine
- Add ¼ cup of the heavy cream. Turn up the heat to medium low. Stir until combined.
- Add ¼ of the parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Alternate adding the rest of the heavy cream and parmesan in the same way until it is all incorporated.
- Separate one egg and beat the yolk until moral improves. When the sauce is hot, add the egg yolk while whisking.
- Turn down the heat and continue to whisk while adding pepper and garlicky greengo sauce.
- Add chopped cilantro and stir to incorporate. Sauce thickens as it cools.
Serve over pasta, gnocchi, potatoes, pizza, cauliflower, as a sandwich spread, or even over shrimp with zoodles.